Club Cruz Beach Volleyball Teams Training
DUE TO COVID19 WE ARE NOT OFFERING BEACH TEAMS FOR 2020
Beach Volleyball Teams provide players the skills to succeed at beach volleyball from an experienced beach volleyball coaching staff. Summer training includes beach volleyball specific conditioning, various different beach drills and tons of fun to prepare them to compete in tournaments and take their game to the next level!
To compete at the beach teams level there will be tryouts as only 6 – 8 two-person teams will be supported. The age divisions for beach teams are:
The cost of the program: $1450
- 28 Practices over the course of May, June, and July
- Beach drills and game-like situations instructed by experienced Club Cruz coaches
- Beach volleyball conditioning and speed/agility drills
- Instruction of all beach volleyball rules and regulations and strategy
- Coaches in attendance at specified local Tournaments
- Gear included
- Saturdays, 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23, 5/30 – Saturday 9:00 – 11:00 – Optional training, drills and games
June and July – Beginning the week of June 8th, 2020
- Mondays will be conditioning to prepare for long tournament days and fine-tuning of beach skills
- Tuesdays – Instruction and drills with a high emphasis on developing skills, strategy, and teamwork
- Wednesdays – Tournament Day
- Thursdays – Instruction and drills with a high emphasis on developing skills, strategy, and teamwork
- Fridays – No training
Training Location: Harbor Beach in Santa Cruz
Club organizations do not register players for tournaments. Parents are responsible for registering for tournaments and the tournament fees. The teams will be attending tournaments at: Main Beach and Monterey.
The tournaments at Main Beach are registered for through the CBVA site, cbva.com. Registration for the tournaments at Main Beach does not open up until 4 weeks and 1 day prior to the event.
Registration for the tournament in Monterey will be through the Monterey Bay Open website and is open now, click here for access to that site.
Players may choose to play in any tournament they chose, however, Club Cruz will have our coaches attending the below events to provide coaching to our players. Any lodging and other expenses related to tournaments are the responsibility of the players and their parents.
***IMPORTANT NOTE ON CBVA REGISTRATIONS***
Beach Volleyball has seen substantial growth in the last several years, and securing spots in tournaments has become more difficult. Be prepared to register for the Main Beach tournaments as soon as they open as these are very popular tournaments. If you need to cancel attendance and don’t want to lose your deposit the tournaments at Main Beach require a 72 hour notice.